Commercial & Residential Furnace Services
According to Energy.gov, space heating is the largest energy expense in the average U.S. home, accounting for about 45% of energy bills. Gator Air and Energy is Gainesville’s most energy-efficient HVAC contractor. As part of our highly-rated air conditioning and heating services, we offer furnace installation, furnace maintenance, and furnace repair service for residential and commercial customers in the greater Gainesville, Florida area.
If you need residential or commercial furnace repair, furnace installation, or furnace maintenance, our team of friendly and experienced technicians can help.
All heating systems have 3 basic components:
- The Heat Source (Your furnace)
- The Heat Distribution System (The furnace blower and your home’s ducts)
- The Control System (Your thermostat)
If your furnace is not operating as expected, the problem is most likely with one of these three components. A malfunctioning furnace can cause significant problems for your heating system and even your health.
When you call Gator Air & Energy with a furnace concern, we’ll send one of our friendly licensed technicians to perform the following tasks:
- Check the combustion chamber for cracks
- Test for carbon monoxide (CO) and remedy if found
- Adjust blower control and supply-air temperature
- Clean and oil the blower
- Remove dirt, soot, or corrosion from the furnace or boiler
- Check fuel input and flame characteristics, and adjust if necessary
- Seal connections between the furnace and main ducts.
Signs You Need a Furnace Repair
If you notice any of the following signs, please call us right away:
- You smell a gas leak – If your furnace runs on natural gas and if there is a leak in your system, you may smell a faint gas smell. This can be caused by a faulty gas valve or a blocked vent pipe.
- You feel ill for no apparent reason – Carbon monoxide poisoning is a real threat in homes with furnaces. So if your system hasn’t been inspected in a while you may be susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning. Make sure you install a CO alarm in your home to detect this issue early.
- Weak or no airflow – If you notice that there is a problem with the airflow coming through your unit, it could be a sign that your fans or blower motors aren’t working as they should or there is a blockage in your ducts.
- No warm air coming from your unit – If the air coming from your unit is cold, this could indicate a problem with your furnace ignitor or other safety issues.
If you’re experiencing any problems on this list, or notice anything else that seems unusual, please, call us! Our experienced technicians are able to diagnose a range of furnace problems. And work to repair your unit quickly so you can get back to warmth as soon as possible!
Most furnace problems can be caught early with preventative maintenance. This maintenance ensures that your furnace is working efficiently and safely when the time comes to turn it on. Having your furnace inspected and maintained on a regular basis saves you money on costly repairs and high energy bills.
At Gator Air & Energy, we offer regular maintenance contracts to help keep your unit in top shape all year long. The risks of carbon monoxide poisoning or fire damage is a real threat to homes and businesses in Gainesville, which is why our maintenance contracts include a thorough inspection and tune-up of all functioning parts of your unit.
If your unit is beyond repair and needs to be replaced, our experienced technicians can install the most energy-efficient furnace for your home or business. We install high-quality Trane furnaces designed to meet and exceed EPA energy standards.
If your unit is older (15-20 years), needs frequent repair, or your energy bill has been high as of late, it could be time to replace your furnace. Give us a call to schedule an inspection of your home or business. We’ll assess the size of the space you need to heat as well as the condition of your ducts. Then recommend the right-sized unit with the most energy-efficient feature to help you save money and energy long term!
Call Gator Air & Energy for Your Furnace Services
If you have noticed problems with your furnace or want an expert to look at your unit, call us! Our friendly team provides expert furnace repair, furnace maintenance, and furnace installation for Gainesville, High Springs, Newberry, Micanopy, and other areas in North Central Florida.